Monday, April 25, 2011

Angry Daddy.

Tafe holidays are over this week which means I'm back to college this Wednesday. I've been working the extra day I'm normally at tafe which means I've had a few more hours around the kitchen trying to find my place in the kitchen world.

The french pastry chef at work loves to come up to me randomly during the day and give me tips and tricks about pastry and cakes or like this friday it was about the bread.... when it has had it's second proving it should feel like a breast. Thats right a boob. As he is telling me in a thick french accent which I find extremely hard to understand he is holding one of his own breasts then to my surprise grabs the dough with both hands like he is grabbing a pair of boobs. At first when he started to explain I didn't really understand what he was talking about but as soon as he grabbed his breast then the dough like a pair of boobs I understood completely. Shocked and not knowing what else to do I laughed nervously and politely nodded. What else could I have done...!?

The head chef has also returned back to the kitchen after his wedding weekend is now over. The whole kitchen knew this when on Saturday he yelled across the kitchen;

"Daddy's back and Daddy's angry!!"   

At first I didn't think I heard right as no one else in the kitchen reacted like I wanted to which was to start giggling uncontrollably... well the rest of the kitchen aren't 22 year old girls either so I held my giggles in and continued on peeling my prawns.

A note when ordering prawns: Dear Readers, next time when you go to a restaurant and order the prawns think about the poor shitkicker in the kitchen who has spent hours and hours de-heading, peeling and de-pooping your lovely cooked prawn on your plate and please, please, please enjoy every mouthful...because the poor shitkicker is probably swearing every time a prawn order comes in knowing that tomorrow they'll be doing more de-heading, peeling and de-pooping.

Thanks for reading! More next week on what I learn at college and yes I'll try keep you up to date with more tips from the french pastry chef.

2 comments:

  1. Haha ok I'm definitely feeling my dough on the second rise! And I think I would have done the same if someone I worked with came in shouting that! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahahaha.
    i love you dani.
    i think it's lucky that he didn't actually grab your boob!!!
    i was worried for a second!!
    inappropriate frenchie!
    &yes now i will forever more think of the poor shitkicker in the kitchen when i order prawns...
    poor shitkicker!
    x

    ReplyDelete